At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company & there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures & platforms. We are looking for an experienced Globalization Operations Manager to orchestrate a high performance team of vendors & linguists.
You will own Cloudflares Globalization production cycles, improve business processes & SLAs, & continuously elevate our voice & tone in international campaigns. You will drive localization epics, stories, sprints & stand-ups to ensure localized projects are delivered on time. You understand the needs of our business & ensure that they are reflected accurately, appropriately & effectively in the localized content. You will work with in-country teams to gather multilingual content requirements & codify them in contracts, driving process & quality compliance. You own the overall relationship with the localization vendors & ensure a regular dialogue on strategic elements of the relationship, including performance criteria such as quality, delivery & cost. You will also manage end-to-end localization projects for Marketo & Zendesk assets.
What you will do:
- Oversee & optimize Cloudflares globalization pipeline to ensure on-time, in-budget, high-quality deliveries
- Manage a team of vendors & linguists for 10+ languages on workload distribution & productivity performance. Provide ongoing vendor training to ensure that feedback & requirements are understood & well-incorporated in globalization guidelines. Track & improve vendor performance with data & metrics
- Design & implement efficient & scalable linguistic quality frameworks for multiple products, domains & diverse content types across Cloudflare
- Ensure that localization style guides & glossaries are up-to-date & audience appropriate
- Negotiate localization vendor contracts & manage compliance through airtight SLAs
- Manage end-to-end localization projects for Marketo & Zendesk assets
What you will bring:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Localization or Project Management required. Masters degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language & culture required
- Minimum 7+ years of localization production & vendor management experience, ideally on the client side
- Understanding of common platforms, web development technologies, translation management systems, Adobe creative suite & various localization file types required
- Very familiar with the localization industry & vendor landscape
- Experience negotiating, writing & enacting contracts (from RFP to signature)
- Culturally aware & highly effective in engaging & working with a diverse team
- Passionate about Cloudflare & our mission
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.