KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
The Project Executive will be responsible for multiple projects at a time & is responsible for the overall management of each project from preconstruction through operations. Ensures construction projects are set up for success, completed on time, within budget, & to the clients satisfaction. The Project Executive leads the development of project strategy, execution planning, sets project goals/deadlines, & evaluates performance along the way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development & implementation of policies & procedures
- Provide preconstruction oversight & direction to ensure that client expectations are being met & that the project is being set up to succeed operationally.
- Perform monthly project reviews with each project team to include the following major activities:
- Schedule, safety, profitability, quality, & relationships with clients & subcontractors
- Prepare monthly executive summaries from information received in the monthly project reviews to be submitted & reviewed with Regional Leadership team.
- Provide operations oversight & direction in the following areas:
- Client maintenance
- Procedural & process issues
- Financial issues & reporting processes
- Subcontractor performance issues
- Staffing issues
- Constructability & technical issues
- Legal & liability issues
- Risk analysis & mitigation
- Regular attendance to project staff meetings
- Regular attendance to Owner meetings
- Review the performance of direct reports & make recommendations to the Operations Director regarding staffing, developmental needs, position evaluations, & compensation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree & at least 10 years of experience in the construction field or in a related area.Design-build experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Commercial Construction estimating, means & methods, accounting, project administration, & a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Experience in the management of Superintendents, Project Managers & Project Support Staff.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, & procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience & sound judgment to plan & accomplish goals.
- Leads & directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity & latitude is expected.
- A natural leader that is comfortable in a dynamic & ambiguous environment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.