Squarespace is looking for a System Administrator to configure & improve the tools, applications & processes used to empower our customers every day. You will implement sustainable, scalable solutions for problems that impact our internal users, our customers, & the business. You will also help build & adapt internal tools to promote automation & efficiency within the team.
You will report to the Manager of Program Management & System Operations [within Customer Operations] & can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remotely [in the US].
- Support Customer Operations tools (e.g. Zendesk, Lambdatest, other int/ext tools) through:
- Evaluation & implementation of new tools, features, & apps
- Work with the SysOps team to oversee the maintenance of our tools, including system configuration & user provisioning
- Troubleshoot & resolve bugs that impact internal users & external customers
- Build automations or efficiencies in tooling processes
- Enhance customer-facing support interfaces, such as the Help Center, contact channels, & email/live chat/messaging systems
- Manage resolving issues & assigning Service Desk requests
- Communicate status updates through Jira, ensuring all partners have necessary information
- Work with other departments to ensure functionality of cross dependent tools
- Partner with vendors to resolve issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Manage end to end technical projects
- 2+ years Administrator experience of a customer contact system (Support, Chat, Talk, Guide) or demonstrable skills as a coder [i.e. completion of a coding bootcamp, coding program (online or in person), professional coding experience, or self-taught coder]
- Experience managing end-to-end projects, escalating where needed & being solutions focused
- Working knowledge of software development best practices, including shared repository management using Git or an equivalent version-control tool
- Ability to understand & gauge impact for complex dependencies across multiple apps & workflows across an organization
Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Experience troubleshooting online software (SaaS)
- Experience in a technical field with sprint project & task management, methodologies & frameworks, & creating technical documentation
- Experience with RESTful API
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.