Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, & Native American students & professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell has been featured in numerous publications include Forbes, Fast Company, TIME, TechCrunch, Ebony, Black Enterprise, CNN & others. Jopwell was also recognized by Fast Company as a top 10 most innovative enterprise company in 2017.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Associate to join our fast-growing Professional Recruitment team. In this role, youll work with a team to support their efforts to attract, engage, & connect talented diverse professionals with career advancement opportunities. This is an exciting chance to connect diverse talent with some of the countrys top companies, including Facebook, the NBA, American Express, Bloomberg, Verizon, UBS & more. This role is based in New York City.
- Responsible for sourcing, screening, & setting up profiles for qualified candidates on the Jopwell Pro Platform
- Ensure all candidates highlighted on Jopwell Pro platform have complete & well formatted profiles, as well as appropriate tagging for search
- Collaborate on development & execution of strategies for identifying & attracting eligible prospective users in service to annual goals for community growth
- Partner with team to create efficient processes for maximizing connectivity between Jopwell Pro candidates & opportunities with corporate partners
- Coordinating events for community engagement & branding Jopwell positively to high potential new users
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills, both written & oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & proactively problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Jopwells mission
- Experience with event planning & marketing
- 1+ years recruiting experience
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401 (k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks & MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks & coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 39 full-time employees based in NYC. Weve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, & Magic Johnson Enterprises.
Weve also been featured extensively by both print & digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, & NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 & Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes Magazine, LinkedIn, & Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as 30 Under 30 award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws