BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeeds People Team is looking to bring on a recruiter to our Talent Acquisition Team! As a Recruiter on our team, adaptability is one of your strong suits, & you're comfortable supporting full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. While we are working remotely until September 2021, this position will be located in either our NYC or LA office.
Our recruitment team is bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, & a genuine sense of team spirit. We work closely with other People teams & key hiring leaders across the company.
- Lead recruiting strategy & plans with hiring managers & people partners.
- Create an effective interviewing & sourcing strategy with a focus on diverse talent.
- Have a strong awareness of the talent market to provide insights & direction on how best to approach a search.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future search strategies.
- Identify & nurture relations with external organizations, local events & conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term & long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline & promote BuzzFeeds employment brand
- Ideally 4+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a media industry.
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, & relevant sourcing messages & to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired & excited about BuzzFeed
- Demonstrated success in developing & maintaining a strong relationship with candidates, people partners & hiring teams
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, & networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.