We're looking for a talented & technically well-rounded person who loves to tackle complex problems & passionate about building scalable & reliable data pipelines that serve as foundations to various applications, e.g., machine learning, BI reporting, data transformations/integrations, etc.
We are seeking someone who wants to be a major contributor in a small, dynamic work environment, loves a challenge, & has a strong balance of technical & people skills. As a Data Engineer you will be a member of our backend engineering team & collaborate to help specify, design, & develop data pipelines meeting company & product requirements. You will help evaluate & choose service protocols & architectures, write high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules, & be fully responsible for ensuring quality & proper deployment of the written software.
- Ability to provide concrete examples of distributed systems where you led design & development & to articulate the reasoning behind choices in the design
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks & data requirements. Experience building scalable/distributed data transformation & pre-processing processes for training machine learning models and/or analytics processes
- Expertise in SQL-like languages & tools
- Demonstrable experience taking projects all the way from spec to release.
- 5 years of proven, hands-on success in the back-end of large-scale software development
- You are proficient in cloud technologies & are hands-on in at least one cloud platform: AWS, Azure or GCC.
- Ability to learn quickly & display solid logic/engineering thinking
- You are able to both design & develop cloud-based systems & operate them in an automated fashion.
- You are passionate about quality & can engineer it at all stages of software development.
- You are able to design & develop a quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- You are able to design secure distributed systems & assure operational processes around security.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web & apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Spotify & Airbnb among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions & processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crains 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row & named to Gartners Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development list, mParticle has 100+ employees & is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, & London.