What were looking for
- We are looking for a Senior Entry Writer who will be responsible for preparing customs documentation & ensuring that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the clearance of goods.
- Our ideal candidate is someone with 5-7 years of entry writing experience & familiarity with U.S. Customs regulations.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York & branches throughout Asia, North America, & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import & export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international & domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean & air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing & distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance & more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group:
After successfully completing & passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Premium (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life & AD&D Insurance Coverage, Vacation/Personal/Floating Days.
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials & on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment; 401K retirement plan with up to a 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing & looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, & team building activities!
About the Position
Duties & responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Advise customers on import restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
- Maintain internal customer parts-database with classification details & SOPs to expedite the clearance process.
- Process documents through the companys ABI system, obtain Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, & cargo-control documents.
- Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney.
- Stay abreast of changes in import laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues.
- Quote duty & tax rates on goods to be imported, based on federal tariffs & excise taxes.
- Create invoices for duty & entry charges to be sent to the Billing Department.
- Respond back to any Brokerage related inquiries from internal or external parties.
- Sign documents under a power of attorney.
- Represent clients in meetings with customs officials & apply for duty refunds & tariff re-classifications.
- Review & monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients & any other government agency, & other correspondence.
New York Office 9:00 am 6:00 pm EST
- Rotational 2 Sundays a month of paid overtime.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree & five to seven years of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough & accurate & able to efficiently solve problems.
- Basic knowledge of HTS & how to classify commodities.
- Basic knowledge of Freight Forwarding process.
- Familiarity with various Government Agency requirements.
- Customs Broker license is a plus.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree required.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, & requires the ability to speak & hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.