Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Manager Desk-side Support, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organisation where we put customer experience & end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our engineering functions into a single area focused on providing world class engineering to our end user systems. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering for the services we're responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems engineering team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering for the systems & services supported by the team. The successful candidate will be required to assist in defining/setting standards, certification of hardware/software, & assisting in the design & architecture of end user technologies.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle for applications supported within the Visa Windows 10 workstation environment. This includes research, analysis, testing, certification, documentation & support
- Analyse application functionality against business requirements & work with stakeholders, end users, & vendors in the certification process to ensure applications meet business requirements as well as technical & security requirements
- Support of various Unified communications systems (Cisco Call Manager, Skype for Business, Voice mail, Contact Centre, switchboard services, Mobile Devices & AV related services (Traditional Video, Telepresence, Acano & meeting Room AV systems)
- Participate in the set up & management of All Hands' & Visa TV events
- Certify hardware & software.
- Work in the defining configuration standards for Windows OS, including creation & maintenance of Golden image.
- Create & maintain all necessary documentation for supported applications to include detailed certification processes & procedures, products certified, certification scripts, QC & findings, installation & maintenance scripts.
- Evaluate new releases, fixes, security update & hotfixes, for supported applications & perform necessary QC & certification for installation on all supported workstations platforms.
- Work with various support groups, technicians, & other SME's in reviewing certifications of new applications. Perform turn-over procedures for certified applications.
- Log & track application certification using the workstation engineering certification process
- Create MSI packages utilizing Wise Studio & Wise Scripts & integrate with Microsoft SCCM deployment solution to automate the deployment of all certified applications.
- Support/maintain workstation backup solution
- Assist with vulnerability remediation as needed.
What we're after
- Proven experience of performing workstation engineering functions such as certification of HW/SW, automation scripts, & performing 3rd level workstation support.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 & OSX.
- Extensive knowledge working with SCCM 2012 Suite & imaging.
- Extensive knowledge in optimizing Windows 10, including imaging providing optimization.
- Good level of experience creating scripts using PowerShell
- Knowledge of Big Fix preferred.
- Extensive knowledge with network infrastructure (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
- Be self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Have the ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional & cross-functional teams.
- Display good verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation & resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact & downtime.
- Ability to schedule & prioritize.
- Able to read & understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, & OEM guides.
- Ability to assess, analyse & research technical situations & provide viable alternatives.
- Ability to learn new technologies, concepts, & procedures quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users & other technical teams.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.