At Poppin, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves to work happy.
We provide companies the foundation for creating inspirational workspaces through a unique offering of furniture, office supplies, & branded merchandise. Weve put a modern spin on a 100 year-old industry thats been slow to adapt to todays modern consumer. By simplifying the process, providing transparent pricing & discounts, & making our products available on demand, Poppin is able to offer a service unlike any other in the marketplace.
Poppin is looking for a passionate, ambitious, & motivated Salesperson to join the B2B team in our Boston office/showroom. As a Poppin Account Executive, you are goal oriented, experienced in building long-term customer relationships, constantly learning, & excited about changing the world one desk at a time. You are an enthusiastic brand ambassador with great design aesthetic & style.
- Become a subject matter expert in Poppins proprietary & third-party furniture lines
- Maintain sales pipeline & forecasts in order to attain or exceed quota, & keep updated in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Identify new strategic accounts, & lead client meetings to pitch Poppin furniture to key decision makers
- Manage complex sales-cycles & effectively present the value of our products to key decision makers
- Develop a sustainable book of business focusing on strategic account growth
- Partner with teammates (AEs, SDRs, Project Managers & Operations) to align with the overall goals/strategy within the region
- Utilize Senior AEs & Regional Team Leads as a resource to help close deals
- Leverage our space planning & project management experts to provide clients with an exceptional experience throughout the sales cycle
- Align with regional marketing strategies to properly attack markets & capitalize on opportunities
- Take ownership of showroom quality, cleanliness & overall visitor experience.
- Pitch the full Poppin product line, when applicable, to help generate leads for the customization business
- Generate new opportunities through cold-calling & strategic outreach
- Close & grow opportunities generated by our SDR team & through the A&D channel
- Aspire to hold at least 15 client meetings per week
- Attend trade shows, networking events, & hosting client events in our showroom
- A minimum of 5 years in a B2B sales role required
- BA/BS required
- Demonstrated success in business development with a strong hunter mentality
- Competitive nature combined with a work happy attitude & an ability to make people smile
- Proven experience closing large-scale deals in a consultative manner
- Strong presentation & public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, changing environment
- Project management/design experience is a plus
- Bonus points if back to school shopping made you geek out in grade school
Successful Poppin team members step up to the plate & work to get smarter every single day. Our startup ethos requires an all-hands-on-deck attitude (or, as we call it, work scrappy), taking on any & all changes with excitement & a great attitude.
We believe that working happy starts with embracing differences & that self-expression shouldnt end at the office. To that end, every Poppin employee is encouraged to be themselves & create fun every day. While we align our company goals on the changing needs of our employees, business, & larger communities, we remain consistently committed to creating an environment rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion for all Poppin employees, partners, & customers.
Poppin believes in building an organization whose staff reflects the true diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring, promoting, & rewarding our employees on the basis of professional performance & results. Poppin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.