About the Role
We are looking for an experienced & passionate software engineering manager with proven track record in delivering web & mobile applications to production, to lead a cross functional team consisting of front end (web & mobile), full stack & backend engineers. You will be working closely with the Product, Design & your engineering team to help define & execute on projects. Strong communication skills & a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box & dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. Our technology stack is primarily Java/Ruby/Node, React/Redux/Vue, but we are not dogmatic about it.
We thrive in our work-hard, play-hard culture. We get serious things done, then we have fun, & lots of it. If this describes where you want to work, youll fit right into our team.
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements & maintains front-ends & back-ends for China tech products & related services.
- Set goals & oversee deployment of projects.
- Manage robust & scalable systems in order to get ahead of the demand.
- Influence & establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes & tools.
- Ensure data collection & storage facilitates analysis & reporting
- Ensure on-time, on-quality delivery of applications
- You will be working closely with the Product, Design & your engineering team to help define & execute on projects
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience leading software engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Large systems software design & development experience, including experience in building web & native mobile applications plus backend APIs, relational database design
- Proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science.
- 7 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 years of hands-on technical leadership for cloud-based web, mobile & backend application development.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures & algorithms, & strong analytical & debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Strong organization & prioritization skills along with outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.