We are looking for an inspiring Principals to join our teams in New York, San Francisco & Austin.
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. It starts with awesome people, hand picked projects & a work environment that supports the production of brilliant design work that makes an impact.
We are expanding in North America, & to support this we want to build out a wider leadership team of Principals. These Principals have a background either in Experience Design, Service Design, Product Design, or Product Management & Delivery. With this combination, we can help our clients to launch new products & services, & to transform their organizations.
As a Principal, you develop trusted advisor relationships with both our current & future clients. You understand our clients business & their personal drivers & challenges, & use these relationships to identify & explore new opportunities. With this you drive the growth of Idean.
You turn these opportunities into inspiring briefs & set our design teams on the right track, setting a high bar for quality. This isnt a role where we expect you to go away & create deliverables yourself, we want you to lead, influence & work with our cross functional teams to deliver great outcomes for our clients.
You will also act as a Development Manager for a team of Directors/Lead Designers, & together with our leadership, you help us define the ambition of our business & connect our Practices to work together to our overall strategy. You share this thinking & learnings outside of Idean too. You talk regularly at industry-leading events & write actively for both our & industry publications.
We offer a creative environment that allows you to leave your mark. At Idean we believe that businesses need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology & business intelligence to help organizations do just this. We create products, services & businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up together with Capgemini Invent.
We have a team of designers, researchers, & engineers & technologists across North America & part of a network of global studios, working for our clients that are mainly in Financial Services, Technology, Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Retail & Energy.
- Inspire, coach & support people around you to succeed
- Support defining Ideans overall design ambition & strategy
- Grow the business through becoming trusted advisors to our clients by solving their business problems
- Manage & lead complex digital transformation projects
- Find & drive new business opportunities & proposal creation leading into successful client pitches
- Raise the bar for our design teams & motivate them to reach even higher levels
- Support building & hiring a design team aligned with Ideans growth strategy
- Write & speak publicly about our strategic design work & practices
- 10+ years of experience either in Experience Design, Service Design, Product Design or Product Management & Delivery, preferably in agency & consulting
- Sector experience in Financial Services or Technology, Media & Telecommunications is considered a plus
- Proven track record of success in delivering world class design
- Experience in building & managing a design team
- An existing network of design decision makers & design thinkers
- Strong understanding of strategic design
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations & jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
Idean expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ideans employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.