Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a manager to lead a front end development team focused on building incredibly intuitive user interfaces. Dual reporting to the leader of UI Engineering & the Senior Director of the Platform as a Service engineering organization, this person will lead a team that works across engineering & other functions to create a frictionless user experience for the Platform as a Service offerings.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. This is an opportunity to lead a new team focused on the DigitalOcean cloud UI experience. With a strong brand & experienced engineers partnered with a great design team, youll have what you need to run high-volume real world experiments that drive business results.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working across teams & functions to deliver an amazing user experience for platform services including app deployment, containers, & databases.
- Share in management of front end infrastructure work across UI Engineering.
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching & facilitating professional development.
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Recruiting & hiring world-class engineers.
- Measuring the software development process to help the team increase deliverability & improve forecasting
What Well Expect From You:
- Passion for customers & the products we build for them.
- Experience managing a high-performing cloud product development team of front end engineers or a mix of front end & back end.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers & UX designers.
- Experience with CI/CD & a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions & innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt & handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills with the ability to work closely across teams & manage dependencies.
- Experience with responsive & accessible app development a plus.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!