Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Manager to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Manage regulatory compliance within our operational control framework which includes Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements, coordinates regulatory audit requests & updates to regulatory procedures to ensure we manage insurance controls across business segments, improve operational processes, & meet regulatory deadlines & requirements across the full scope of Insurance Operations.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Operations. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Manage development & implementation of clear, scalable & dynamic operational processes which support regulatory & audit requirements.
- Monitor processes to ensure compliance with control frameworks & adherence to regulatory requirements across Insurance Operations
- Assist process owners in gathering evidence of control reviews & uploading documentation to relevant platforms
- Work with process owners to implement corrective action plans identified in internal control breakdowns.
- Use internal tools & technical processes to complete database queries & dashboard creation
- Understand relevant policies & workflows & assist Insurance Operations with creating & updating regulatory procedures to align with new or changed regulatory requirements
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- Collaborate with the corporate compliance department during regulatory audits to understand the regulatory data requests & coordinate the gathering of the required information from across the Insurance Operations organization
- Provide leadership, while coaching, providing feedback, & mentoring the team members
- 5+ years of professional experience in audit, strategy, operations, health insurance or consulting
- Experience supporting process improvement, assessing & enhancing internal controls, documenting procedures, workflow building, & managing projects
- Experience with SOX, MAR & SOC1 assessments & control frameworks
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of database languages (SQL).
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.