DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, Company based in Boston, MA. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for the month end close process, including the assistance in the implementation & maintenance of policies, procedures, & controls associated with the relevant processes.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries & reconciliations.
- Work through various technical accounting issues, including preparing memorandums & analysis to conclude on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions. Document & implement policies & procedures to ensure that we account for the transactions correctly going forward.
- Assist in the consolidation process of the Companies entities throughout the world.
- Prepare reports & analysis to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Continually assess our processes & procedures & implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Create risk & control matrices & related process & policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are
- Work collaboratively with FP&A & others within the organization to constantly think about we track data & improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Work closely with auditors & throughout the year ensure that the quality of our accounting records is of audit level so that there are minimal requests & extra documentation needed from the auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of required filings including, but not limited to, abandoned property, sales & use tax, personal property tax, etc.
- Assist in various special projects as the arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared service centers, etc.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 2+ years in an accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
- Experience in working with software companies preferred, although not required.
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking & strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization & project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Great team player & willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.