About the Team
Be a part of our extraordinary Own Brand Buying team, based in our London office. You will work closely with the Senior Buyer & in partnerships with Merchandising, Design & Garment Technologist in supporting the development & buying of excellent quality products for our clients, using data to support & drive business decisions you make.
About the Role
We are looking for a Womenswear Assistant Buyer with multi product experience. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for style & trends, with demonstrated success leveraging data & client feedback to support rebuy & refresh opportunities. You must have proven ability to develop close working relationships with your team & experienced partnerships within the supply base. You will support Buyer / Senior Buyer on designated classes to execute departmental strategies that deliver strong financial results & delight all Stitch Fix clients.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Assist Buyer / Senior Buyer in developing & buying client right ranges across exclusive in house brands.
- Have a natural interest in fashion with the ability to identify, & with support react to trends within the department.
- Partner with the merchandising team & supplier partners to ensure timely deliveries, & be solution orientated when issues arise.
- Generate weekly sales reports & critically analyse data findings, suggesting trading recommendations to the Buyer / Senior Buyer.
- Develop working relationships with your supply base, both long & short lead time whilst understanding the importance of flexibility within the supply chain.
- Play an important role in fit sessions, partnering with Junior Garment Technologist to ensure fit sessions run smoothly & information shared with suppliers.
- Partnering with JGT to deliver product feedback on size, fit, & quality to continually improve product metrics using the the rich sources of client feedback.
- Manage a Buying Assistant, leading & coaching through critical path & sample management, prioritising daily tasks & providing administrative support when needed.
- Assist the buyer ing presenting relevant merchandise to cross functional teams to support marketing opportunities.
- Explore new innovations in the world of buying, from 3D design & fit technology to leveraging cross-functional expertise from our data scientist & algorithm teams
Were excited about you because
- You can work in our London office (2-3 days week) with opportunity to work from home
- You are an established Assistant Buyer with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a retail-related role & are currently operating at Assistant Buyer level.
- You have experience managing direct report(s) & are excited to continue developing your people leadership skills
- You have strong knowledge of retail math & business metrics & have established a keen eye for upcoming trend
- You demonstrate an inclination towards using & understanding data to help inform decisions & solve problems
- You are extremely detail oriented & organised & able to work in a fast paced, & at times ambiguous environment
- You have developed strong communication skills, both written & verbal, & are comfortable presenting to groups.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; demonstrating curiosity & passion for innovation, iterative processes, & constant learning
- You are someone who exudes positivity, possesses a can-do attitude & the ability to persevere through setbacks & challenges
- You enjoy being part of a team, leveraging the strengths & talents of others, while also operating independently as needed to achieve results
- You are someone who seeks out opportunities to learn & grow both professionally & personally & who values transparency & accountability via feedback
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright & kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.