We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Hello, World! Codecademy has helped tens of millions of people upgrade their careers, build meaningful projects & gain confidence in their technical skills with engaging, accessible, & flexible products. Our customers have gone on to start companies, new jobs, & new lives thanks to the skills they gained with Codecademy, & were thrilled to take that impact to the next level.
In 2019, Codecademy introduced our first product for businesses & educational institutions. We currently have over 600 B2B customers. With our Series D funding, we are accelerating that growth with significant investments in our B2B products & go to market to build the leading SaaS offering that is the most effective solution for getting people job-ready.
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 150+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $80m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
As the Director Product Management, Business Products, you will be joining a business unit as the head of product. This unit is chartered to build a suite of products for companies & educators to upskill & reskill their employees & customers. You will own the product strategy, roadmap, & day-to-day product development. Working with product managers, designers, engineers, content creators, marketers, salespeople, & other functions you will be accountable for continuously improving the customer & end user experiences from acquisition to activation through to retention & expansion. You & the team will be responsible for defining, delivering, & operating a customer experience that enables companies to improve the productivity of technologists, becoming a trusted resource that companies rely on to upskill & reskill their employees & customers. Ultimately your success will be measured by your customers & end users satisfaction.
If you want to build products that enable thousands of companies worldwide to better accomplish their missions, join us!
What Youll Do:
- Define & execute a strategy in a manner that is consistent with our company mission & values
- Lead by example using quantitative & qualitative data to drive decision making
- Establish & champion a roadmap that inspires the business unit to deliver the strategy
- Collaborate with product marketing to maintain & share with stakeholders a detailed competitive analysis
- Set, track, & achieve the product KPIs
- Collaborate with marketing & sales to support demand generation & respond to customer feature requests
- Lead product development teams to identify & specify solutions to customer problems that are enriching, usable, feasible, & that benefit the business
- Supervise product managers as they ideate & create requirements with acceptance criteria
- Determine & deliver returns from product investments
- Ensure company-wide transparency into product development working with BizOps
- Coach & mentor your team to create high performing product managers in partnership with our people department
What you will need:
- Reputation as a customer-obsessed product owner
- A Founder mentality - relentless, resourceful, proactive, & results-oriented
- Minimum of 8 years as a B2B product owner managing the end to end product lifecycle
- Minimum of 3 years as manager of people
- Demonstrated data literacy skills
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Experience developing strategies & business cases that were funded
- Strong track record of developing & shipping high-quality products that include customer-facing frontends & back office tools
- Expertise in agile development software methodologies
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
What will make you stand out:
- Proven track record building business to business SaaS offers
- Track record of productizing APIs
- Experience with enterprise information security policies & compliance
- Experience with e-commerce & outbound sales channels
- Familiarity with popular front & back end technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Experience with education technology
- A background in Computer Science
- A portfolio that showcases the accomplishments described in your resume
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.