Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, & other internet professionals.
The Digital Experience (DX) teams goal is to deliver delightful digital customer experiences as the primary steward of DOs brand across WWW & the Community properties. As a Senior Designer, reporting to the DX Design Manager, your role will be to design web experiences, graphics, diagrams, illustrations, & other designs that help grow & support the DO brand while enabling our potential customers to engage with our products & services.
As a member of our team, you will work closely in a fast paced environment with a team of developers, designers, program managers & other stakeholders to create branded solutions across various DigitalOcean digital properties. You will help lead the charge in defining & implementing what our brand looks & feels like, creating thoughtful solutions to the problems presented to you. You will always be ready to talk to users, ask questions when you need to, & explain how you came to a solution when called on.
This role will help us shape the DigitalOcean brand for the future, bringing life to our team's goals in 2021 & beyond. If youre excited about tackling new challenges with a growing world class brand, we want to hear from you.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Executing visual designs from concept to final hand-off
- Carefully reviewing stakeholder requests to get necessary design clarifications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with & mentoring designers on projects that provide support to developers during the implementation of design/dev changes
- Developing & fostering consistency with our brand guidelines & design systems
- Optimizing the brand & customer engagement
- Creating display banners & ads to support social & paid media channels
- Working on new design initiatives across various departments to fulfill business or product needs
- Presenting & defending designs & key deliverables to stakeholders
- Caring about the details, while still moving fast & getting the job done
- Effectively managing project tickets & deadlines.
What Well Expect From You:
- Portfolio website highlighting multiple projects & your direct contributions
- Can consistently craft multiple visual solutions for the same task utilizing testing & team feedback to find the most effective direction.
- Deliver production ready prototypes in a consistent manner.
- Experience producing a family of creative options from illustrated or verbal ideas.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions as a trusted creative thinker. Building on existing ideas & connecting the dots to past use cases.
- Strong art direction & creative direction skills.
- A vocal leader that can offer strategic arguments for design decisions & defend them with understandable visual best-practices & real-world data. Listens to others attentively.
- Work with the extended Revenue Marketing team on projects to drive toward an overarching team strategy & goals.
- Collaborate with & support the extended Marketing Dev org.
- Can present concepts & coordinate revisions based on feedback from stakeholders & executives.
- Consistently meet or beat deadlines while exceeding expectations.
- Able to prioritize tasks, & stay on schedule without external guidance.
- Experience presenting concepts & coordinating revisions based on feedback from stakeholders & executives.
- Can adapt design team processes to fit project needs & share successful iteration with the team. Bring ideas to the table that are well thought out & organized with a plan for production.
- Distill feedback, choose what's actionable & what's not, & be a pleasure to work with along the way
- Incorporate existing brand styles & components to deliver refined visual concepts.
- Seek feedback from the team to continually uplevel design deliverables.
- Exhibit a team-forward mindset. Love your work & show it by paying attention to details & being punctual for meetings & deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the digital design industry.
- Experience using Figma, & the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience creating & implementing a Design System.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!