Copywriter | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save & invest every day. We are transforming the category & recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
The Copywriter will help us strategize, write & edit all brand, marketing & business development content. You will work to bring the Acorns voice to life while driving brand & business objectives, so you should have a background in direct marketing copy & end-to-end content. As a part of the brand team, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our design & marketing teams, advancing product education & our mission. This role offers exposure to all facets of the business, & the chance to craft the Acorns story while positively impacting the future!
Within 1 month, you will:
- Embrace our mission to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming.
- Understand our product, brand guidelines & messaging architecture.
- Introduce yourself, your work style, experience & questions to your immediate team, & get to know the broader team.
- Get a grasp of our processes, roadmap & where you can provide the most immediate value.
- Begin drafting Acorns communications.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Introduce yourself to the broader team as a resource for content development.
- Write first drafts for all marketing business development materials, & copy edit select press materials.
- Measurably impact marketing metrics through effective copy.
- Support the creative team with new idea generation.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Draft all customer communications with guidance & final review from your team & senior leadership.
- Have a deep understanding of the Acorns voice, & a confidence in bringing our voice, brand & mission to life across media types & in press.
- Support content sharing among teams, ensuring a smooth process from idea to review & execution.
- Present strategic new content opportunities & a path to success.
- Develop a laser-focused attention to detail.
- Propose a new content project, see it through, learn from it & grow.
- Be an even stronger, more confident writer.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelors Degree + at least 4 years experience as a copywriter.
- Youre a skilled marketing copywriter, able to blend brand integrity with business objectives.
- Youre curious, honest & a passionate believer in the power of words.
- Youre a quick learner, take initiative & are comfortable working independently.
- Youre a supportive, collaborative teammate.
- You care about helping people.
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products.
- Exceptional drive & precision in delivery.
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission.
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases & automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard & BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father & son team Walter & Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence & courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way