Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the International Payroll Specialist Contractor, you will be responsible for the timely, accurate & compliant administration of General Assemblys payroll in our International locations. You will work with the Payroll Manager & Human Resources to verify that all changes in our international employees are accurate & reflected properly for each payroll. You will be involved in the proper setup & implementation of payroll in new, foreign markets as part of a larger plan to move all international entities into one payroll system. You will ensure audit procedures are in place with internal accounting to ensure proper sweep of payroll accounts & timely handling of taxes, benefit deductions & contributions. You will co-manage payroll vendor relationships globally while maintaining top-notch communication & involvement from all regional directors in other states & countries. In addition, you will be responsible for month end reporting of payroll information, will build procedure guides for processes & will collaborate with HR on vacation, medical leave & other related programs & their administration. Other responsibilities include all benefit billings & updates (for example employee benefits, workers compensation, pension, social security, & other government mandated benefits & deductions).
- Impressive attention to detail, all the time, every time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel including pivot tables, conditional formatting, & other advanced formulas.
- Empathy, patience & the ability to help people with questions warm, professional, clear communicator in person & electronically.
- Strong organizational skills, essential for assisting in the accurate set-up & implementation of payroll in to new, foreign markets.
- Systems & digitally savvy in all approaches to connecting people & building programs.
- Highly flexible & willing to pinch-hit in any other Finance and/or HR program area necessary as we grow.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with ADP Payroll Systems, specifically for international entities including the UK, Australia, & Canada.
- Experience booking payroll data into journal entry format for month end close reporting.
- International payroll experience required.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Oracle HCM preferred.
- Working knowledge of benefits e.g. workers compensation, disability, medical, pension plans.
- Experience creating tools & guides for managers & employees.
- Experience working in a growth startup environment strongly preferred.
- Mastery in basic accounting/finance principles.
Working hours are Mon-Fri 9-5.