Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
At DigitalOcean, Data Center Engineers play a massive role in the success of our business. Our amazing Data Center team is responsible for maintaining & growing the physical infrastructure of the DigitalOcean cloud, past, present & future. They own everything related to the physical servers & networking gear that enables our company, & our customers to scale.
Day to day duties may include everything from replacing a faulty drive in one of our servers, to flying overseas to set up a brand new Data Center from scratch. In exchange for your expertise & enthusiastic interest in DigitalOcean, we can offer you a role on a fast growing, & collaborative team where you'll be given regular opportunities to hone your skills & learn new ones.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Deploying & maintaining Data Center infrastructure
- Racking, stacking & wiring servers, power distribution units, & switches
- Installing servers, switches, routers, & storage hardware
- Submitting warranty replacement requests to equipment manufacturers; shipping & receiving gear to & from remote locations & vendors
- Submitting & tracking remote work requests & managing server & component inventory
- Diagnosing & repairing hardware & performing upgrades, integrations, rebuilds & other projects as needed
- Debugging network, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
What Well Expect From You:
- Hands on experience with servers, hardware, & networking equipment.
- 1 year of data center center experience where you worked with physical servers
- Basic proficiency with Linux OS (working in terminal sessions or command line)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, a collaborative nature & a friendly can-do attitude
- Solid troubleshooting skills in networking, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
- A strong desire & aptitude for solving problems & performing deep technical dives to resolve issues quickly & efficiently
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- A valid drivers license (must be comfortable with driving)
- Ability to travel & work across Europe (10% - 15% travel) along with some international travel to the USA & Asia.
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs (23kgs)
- Excellent written & spoken English; ability to speak German a strong plus.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!