About This Position
As Director of Fraud & Risk Operations, you will own the fraud risk management function at Ellevest. Reporting to the CTO, you will play an integral role in designing & implementing policies & procedures for client on-boarding including OFAC/KYC, fraud, AML, payments, & ACH risk. As the first member of our Fraud & Risk team, you will also define & implement necessary risk workflows, rules & models & be deeply involved in the development of new products & services to support the business roadmap.
- Own the payment, ACH & fraud loss KPIs
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Operations & Compliance teams to conceive, design, & monitor fraud strategies & recommend product features in order to mitigate fraud risk in the most precise manner possible
- Partner with Ellevests banking & brokerage partners to manage fraud risk
- Identify, explore, & lead implementation of new approaches, data sources, & potential partnerships that support improvements to existing & new programs
- Coordinate response to fraud incidents by working with internal & partner teams
- Be responsible for internal & external fraud risk reporting
- Own the ongoing fraud risk assessment for the firm
- Have hands on responsibility for fraud, KYC & payment risk operations initially, & be instrumental in building out a fraud risk team over time
- 5-7 years of applicable experience in a Risk analytics role (Credit or fraud), in the financial industry (preferably in credit cards, debit cards, or ACH payments)
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong business judgment, analytical skills, & an ability to reason about complex & ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication skills, ability & willingness to collaborate closely with internal & external teams.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment. This includes working independently & on a team.
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, for the second year in a row, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.