Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
We are in the process of expanding our Science team & looking for strong people & analytic leaders to ensure that science remains at the core of our offerings & that we build our capabilities for scale.
Reporting directly to the Chief Delivery Officer, immediate responsibilities for the VP of Science will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead significant client science engagements including thought leadership, methodology development, proposal & project scoping, daily management of resources, risk escalation and, project delivery, ultimately contributing to the average contract value & revenue
- Proactively identify scientific opportunities aligned with client strategy, engage as the lead thought partner ensuring the delivery of an analytic solution that addresses client needs
- Translate scientific evidence into actionable opportunities for the customer
- Active contribution during client bidding processes & ultimately scientific accountability on solutions proposed to customers
- Drive knowledge management & consistent delivery of scientific/analytic solutions
- Proactively recruit & provide leadership, mentoring & development guidance to highly motivated & skilled team members (~6-8 to start)
- Maintain close communication with other Aetion departments (e.g., Sales, Product, Technology) to ensure tight coordination & alignment with clients (throughout entire lifecycle of engagement)
- Build & foster effective external relationships to ensure science/analytics drives a competitive advantage for Aetion
- Serve as an active member of the Scientific Engagement leadership team, grow & foster a culture that is aligned with Aetion values
- Contribute to Aetions trusted scientific brand excellence by representing the organization at meetings, through publications or presentations
- Align & establish long-term group vision of Scientific Engagement & Delivery
- Continue to expand & develop the team (including recruiting, training, development, resources, etc) & assume management of that larger team
- Define key performance measures & benchmarks as well as develop methods for tracking to ensure continuous improvement both internal & external
- Identify additional approaches for managing resources & capacity at scale (e.g., third party, off-shore, etc)
- Master's +18 years experience; Doctoral degree +15 years experience in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics or related field
- Expert in core epidemiologic & biostatistical principles as applied in pharmacoepidemiology and/or health services/ outcomes research
- Ability to engage & build trust with clients, partners & influencers
- Substantial experience in managing teams including performance management & mentoring & development for junior scientific staff
- Track record of substantive publications & presentations at scientific conferences
- Knowledge of the application of advanced analytical methods to include AI
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multitask & prioritize work
- Exceptional attention to detail & extremely strong problem-solving skills to anticipate & proactively recommend solutions
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Creative mind with an ability to assess & suggest optimal solutions or improvements
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) & unlimited PTO
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.