We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who will join a new elite team that focuses on Customer Centric Engineering. This position, as part of Engineering, ensures customer success by troubleshooting, debugging, & proposing fixes/workarounds to the most complex customer issues escalated by the last tier of Support. You will work closely with other teams in engineering & Customer Support to respond to critical technical incidents & act as customer advocate within R&D.
This role requires the abilities of both Tier 3 Customer Support & Software Engineer to act as an effective interlink & be able to understand the overall Okta infrastructure. Ideal candidate will share our passion & great pride in customer first culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, debug, & propose bug fixes or architectural changes (within Okta or with regard to customer side integration or customization)
- Work closely with Dev teams to propose fixes or design changes
- Understand customer use cases, work with support & escalation teams closely to be an effective liaison between engineering & support
- Take complete ownership & follow-up on escalations
- Provide summary on status of various cases that are escalated to engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solve hard technical problems
- Mentor & coach junior team members as we build out the team
- Identify opportunities to propose new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 3 years of industry experience working in a large scale, multi-tenant production environment
- 1+ years experience in a Customer Centric Engineering or sustaining team role
- 2+ Experience of working with Internet development technologies (e.g Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Springboot, REST)
- Action oriented with strong analytical, & problem solving skills
- Highly adaptable, fast learner, & resourceful
- Dependable, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience in the Identity space is a definite plus
Education & Training:
- Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.