All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders, an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage startup that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines, & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics, & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful, & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
As a Project Manager at Boxed, youll be responsible for overseeing & driving the processes & procedures to ensure the successful delivery of projects within the technology roadmap. You will act as a liaison between various teams, removing roadblocks, navigating setbacks, & facilitating discussions to ensure all deliverables are met on time. Youll adapt quickly & function decisively in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, while effectively communicating up-to-date status of projects & deftly managing resources & timelines.
This position is full-time & based in New York, reporting to the VP of Product.
- Manage all project & program-related activities for execution & final delivery of all technology projects
- Develop & manage schedules, statuses, resources, deliverables, risks/issues, timelines, & delivery for multiple concurrent projects & programs
- Manage resources comprised of geographically dispersed business teams, off-shore development teams, & third-party vendors
- Ensure deadlines are met & keeps leadership, senior team members, & key stakeholders informed on project progress, status, risks/issues, & concerns
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, QA, & Product Design for key deliverables, issues, & escalations, & coordinate any required release approvals prior to launch
- Execute & manage complex projects in an Agile/Scrum environment, mitigating risks proactively & driving project issue resolution to assure schedule & quality commitments
- Share Agile/Scrum methodologies best practices, defining & evolving tactics necessary to accomplish project objectives
- Be very quality conscious & demand high-quality delivery
- At least 3 years of direct Agile project management experience in an eCommerce or consumer-facing environment, with proven successful & timely delivery of projects
- Extensive experience managing complex & simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams & systems, including frontend, internal tools, & third-party applications
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams & third-party vendors
- Exceptional understanding of Project Management principles, methods & techniques, along with proficiency in both Agile & waterfall development methodologies
- Strong negotiation, diplomacy & conflict resolution skills with the ability to get results through formal channels & informal networking
- Remarkable problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate technical & project barriers & adjust approach based on research & experience
- Proficiency with standard project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, Basecamp, etc
- Degree in computer science, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
- CSM, PMP, or Six Sigma certification a plus
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!