Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about uncovering what excites people about their work & using that knowledge to successfully match them with the right DigitalOcean teams so they can do their best work.
In this role you will report to the Chief People Officer & lead our Talent pillar of the People Team, overseeing the Organizational Development & Talent Acquisition functions. With an increased focus on building a best-in-class, diverse, & inclusive workforce, we are rapidly expanding our talent strategies & related offerings.
You will be responsible for evolving our Org Dev function, overseeing the design & delivery of performance & talent management programs to our highly distributed workforce. This critical role also helps to support & manage change, & improve performance at all levels in our high growth business. At DO, we know that career growth & development are primary drivers of engagement & retention & are integral to our companys success. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating programs that catalyze growth & maximize performance, partnered with a highly engaged People Team.
On the TA side, you will have a team of tenured recruiters, focused on recruiting & hiring mission-driven, values based, accomplished talent who place a high regard on technical expertise, simplicity, & a deep understanding of the developer community. You will create & implement the 2021 onward strategy for talent acquisition, focusing on employer branding, candidate experience, interviewer effectiveness, diversity hiring, internship programs, hiring metrics, sourcing strategies, tech conferences, & more. You will serve as a leader who is passionate about talent acquisition & mentoring a recruiting team.
What You'll Be Doing:
Organizational Design & Development
- Driving best in class individual, team & organizational development strategies & fostering a learning environment through varied L&D & talent management programs
- Establishing programs for performance management, talent management, & succession planning methods & processes
- Redefining career paths & competency guides for a rapidly scaling, highly distributed & remote population, & helping establish new ways of defining career development
- Establishing curriculum & development programs for front line employees through senior leadership, & delivering content as needed
- Providing thought leadership in organization design & change management methods & highly effective engagement approaches as we scale & grow
- Ensuring our people are developing & growing, advancing within the company to new and/or expanded roles. Guiding the assessment of future-ready roles & the development of high performers ready to assume them.
Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Design, develop, communicate & implement an integrated staffing strategy (internal & external) & talent tracking process, with an emphasis on talent pipeline & feeder pool development to ensure meeting future workforce needs.
- Oversee the design & implementation of external candidate marketing & proactive recruiting programs & processes that attract, select & retain a qualified, diverse workforce through cutting edge technology & effective use of all social networking tools, as well as traditional sourcing techniques. We want to make sure the DigitalOcean employment brand is front & center for all candidates, & always top of mind for them.
- Develop & implement creative external/internal strategic programs to strengthen our ability to attract, assess, select & integrate an optimal blend of skills across all functional areas & deliver the desired results for premiere talent.
- Build a data-enabled Talent Acquisition function to ensure the measurement & achievement of key hiring targetsincluding cost per hire, hiring cycle time, quality of hire, turnover, competitive hiring measures, & new hire engagement measures.
What We'll Expect From You:
- 10+ years of substantial success, & true passion leading & building talent functions for an organization in hyper growth mode and/or start-up mode
- Creative & innovative thought leader who cares about driving DigitalOceans employment brand & employee experience as the best place to work for top technical talent
- Possess impeccable process & best practices in all areas of talent strategy & design while still staying culture focused
- Directly related experience in developing & leading innovative learning, development, performance management & organizational effectiveness programs both across an organization & for high performers
- Experience designing & delivering leadership training programs; proven ability to measure success & ROI
- A growth mindset & demonstrated success developing strategies, programs, & tactics designed to grow & retain a best-in-class workforce
- Experience in designing & implementing workshops & materials that are engaging & effective in increasing comprehension, retention & application of new skills
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!