Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visaisrecruiting a Staff Test Engineer for Digital DeveloperPlatform group (DDP) to bring creative thinking to some of our key products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability & security are vital.
As a Staff TestEngineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Build test automation framework to support DDP programs/applications
- Build test tools to improve quality & performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding & test automation standards & best practices
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, & maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, & maintain test & CICDenvironments
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug & resolve design & code issues
- Work closely with other test engineers & provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Establishing, leading & executing the testing strategy of multi-tiered appliationat team level
- Represent the teamwhenrolling out of our application & services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change & continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative & innovative mindset to continually evolve & enhance the test strategy & processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation & execution of manual & automated test cases
- Lead functional, non-functional, integration & regression testing of DDP products
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve & simplify the overall testingeffort for the product
- Coaching & mentoring our talented TestEngineers to nurture & refine their testing mindset & skills
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7+ yrs ofsoftware development & test automation experience in Web UI using Selenium and/or mobile test automation (iOS and/or Android), preferably using Appium
- 5+ yrs of experience in RestfullAPIs/Web Services
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++,
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell & one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Real passion for high quality software engineering
- Experience with Agile Development & CICD (i.e. Jenkins, Concourse)
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar & deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testingeffort on large-scale software projects
- Experience in Mobile test automation, preferably appium
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing Testing talent through coaching & mentoring
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10%of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.