At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data & insights are at the heart of how Lyft makes business decisions, & our sustained investment in our communities & local operations are a key differentiator, allowing us to understand & act on what makes cities unique. Analytics Managers act as the eyes for local operations teams, generating insights from data that allow us to act. Were looking for passionate Analytics Managers to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing. Youll be working in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation.
Analytics Managers partner & report into Territory Leaders (General Managers/Regional Directors) at Lyft to drive growth, improve efficiency, & influence long-term strategy through strategic thinking, analytics problem-solving, & critical insights. You will be responsible for analyzing a variety of problems ranging from suboptimal airport operations to finding ways to reduce rider churn. These actionable recommendations will be both strategic as well as tactical, ultimately influencing how Lyft executes & creates value for customers - both riders & drivers.
To be successful as an Analytics Manager, you must have a strong background in analytics, think strategically, & be able to use data to frame decisions & drive actionable recommendations & make challenging trade-offs (supply vs. demand, long-term vs. short-term, low risk vs. high risk). As a member of the local market leadership team, you will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, & influence key aspects of running & growing the market across riders, drivers & our growing investments in physical infrastructure.
Being an analytical superstar alone is not enough -- you must have strong written & verbal communication skills to articulate your insights & recommendations for actions.
Analytics Managers report to the Territory Leader (General Manager/Regional Director), with close collaboration with the HQ-based Business Performance & Planning.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for your Territory Leader & take an ownership mindset for the performance & growth of your market.
- Identify key market-level questions, problems, & opportunities to drive growth & profitability
- Develop, maintain, & track execution of Market Roadmap -> rolling 12 month plan to deliver the numbers in the market
- Optimize effectiveness of Sales & Marketing activities by identifying key points of leverage & focus for those teams
- Monitor root causes of market performance
- Provide analytics support for local initiatives alongside other local team members (e.g. Marketing, Spec Ops, Lyft Business, Public Policy, Regulatory Operations)
- Collaborate with both your local team & HQ teams to improve Lyfts business decisions for the local markets
- Prepare for & lead weekly deep dives into market & program performance while developing actionable dashboards for GMs & other local stakeholders
- 4+ years proven analytical background
- Advanced SQL skills required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity or experience with P&L management
- Passion for teaching others analytical frameworks
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.