At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Security of our micromobiltiy assets is fundamental to Lyfts multi-modal transportation model, & the Asset Security team is charged with identifying & mitigating vectors of loss. The Asset Security team is one of the most critical teams that helps protect Lyfts capital assets & enables the company to grow its micro mobility line of business in a sustainable way. The team is fast-paced, high-energy, & meticulous in diagnosing emerging fraud patterns & physical loss vectors. We drill holes in all the products we launch & obsess over how to make our business impervious to theft & loss. The team conducts rigorous analyses of complex data sets & establishes multiple layers of theft & loss mitigations ranging from hardware hardening, evolution of fraud rules, firmware protections, enhanced asset recovery tooling/processes, & partnerships with local city partners. We are a highly cross-functional team & regularly engage in discussion & reviews with stakeholders to prioritize plans for reducing fraud impact & introducing safety features.
Were looking for a rock-star intern to contribute to asset security related analysis & operations. This individual is responsible for investigating & developing solutions to prevent & mitigate loss of our assets & enhancing our asset recovery operations. This person will proactively identify loss patterns & sources to minimize the companys exposure to financial & reputational risk.
This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused, & operations-savvy while ensuring the best possible customer experience. This individual possesses a high level of subject matter expertise & is experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data analytics & business knowledge to identify insights & formulate a response plan. This person will work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists & Engineers to mitigate & eliminate all forms of loss. The individual will also work closely with operations teams to define efficient processes & systems to improve our asset recovery effectiveness & efficiency.
- Leverage data analytics to identify key fraud trends that result in the the loss of Lyfts capital assets
- Monitor high-risk transactions for common fraud trends to develop mitigation strategies
- Establish business cases & projected ROI on fraud rules to prioritize opportunities related to the theft & loss prevention program
- Evaluate fraud prevention strategies during pilot periods to measure effectiveness & peripheral impact to revenue/ridership
- Develop & manage asset recovery KPI metrics to monitor the performance of novel fraud rules
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science & Engineering to resolve identity issues & other escalations
- Deliver enhancements to Lyft theft & loss detection & mitigation, communicate & prioritize development in collaboration with product management & engineering teams
- Report overall status, primary business metrics, key issues & solution recommendations & plans to senior management & executives
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field or relevant work experience preferred
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to query data & perform analysis
- Some experience across micro-mobility, logistics, e-commerce, operations, consulting or financial services industries. Fraud or Identity experience is a plus
- Have a bias towards action in resolving issues & perform in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide a high-level of detail in every action
- Be extremely focused on data & analytics to solve problems & have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Thrive in ambiguity & be open to feedback
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind for all stakeholders & conviction to make the right decisions
- History of effectively working with multiple teams to build new capability & implement projects
- Effectively manage senior executive asks & provide written & verbal communication to them
- Strong time management skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off & 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.