At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 13 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
At HelloFresh, Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements, & maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate & optimize marketing, operations, logistics & customer experience. With our rapid company expansion, we are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist that is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. As a member of the team, you will help bringing these ideas into reality & improve the experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, youll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation, fluency in machine learning techniques & software engineering best practices.
- Deriving & maintaining a technical vision for end-to-end data science & machine learning pipelines.
- Playing a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment & standards of our technology vision for the data science team.
- Leading by example by translating business problems into quantitative terms & productionized models to presenting the results in clear & effective manner through visualization & prototyping.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data.
- Turning prototypes into production ready implementation.
- Measuring performance over time, tuning, & inspecting models.
- Sharing data solutions & intel through Open Source & promoting a data driven culture within a large international organization.
Who we are looking for
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods & in-depth Data Science techniques for practical application.
- Significant experience in the tech industry.
- Excellent educational background; plus if holding an advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, NLP, Computational Linguistics, Physics, or similar quantitative field.
- Advanced engineering abilities to deliver flexible & scalable end-to-end machine learning solutions.
- Great coding skills in Python & knowledge of data libraries such as sklearn, NLTK, & pandas. Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow or Keras is a plus.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen & show empathy.
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus & prioritization of workload using business data & metrics.
- A role model who enjoys mentoring team members.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.