VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, & media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
The Post Creative Strategist is the closest member of the strategy team to whats going on in culture & consumer behaviour for a brand. Using a combination of social listening, trend data & the reactions of a brands community to it's messaging - they help to inform & shape strategic, creative & media strategy.
One of the entry routes into the strategy team, the PCS will work with other members of the team to inform what cultural signals exist & what a brand should do with them. This isnt just an insights role, as a PCS will be expected to provide suggestions & implications to their observations on consumers & culture. Over time, their career will develop into becoming well rounded strategists, senior strategists, strategy directors & beyond. This will all be built on top of a hands on foundation which recognises that consumers are guiding us towards better work everyday, if we only listen.
- Ongoing monitoring of brand social channels & relevant online conversations looking for highest impact opportunities to engage (including proactive identification of conversations & communities strategically & creatively relevant for the brand)
- Continuous active listening on brands currently tracking every follower interaction: comments, responses, DMs
- Analyse brand & cultural trends for consideration of creative team
- Bring insight on a subject-matter & specific subculture.
- Willing to go beyond basic tracking to analysing & drawing hypothesis, including providing a daily digest of observations + recommendations
- Use third party tools to manage brands pages
- Read every comment across all social posts, & respond to consumers across these channels, maintaining a consistent brand voice across these conversations, & using the opportunity to engage followers, probe further insights, or advance brand goal
- Follow proper escalation systems, as needed, for fans with negative feedback.
- Seek opportunities to insert the brand in social conversation, whether around relevant trending topics/news or engaging with social influencers/celebrities/other brands
What Were Looking for:
A curious person who wonders why people do what they do & wants to find out more by listening to consumers. Youll have a strong opinion about what you like in advertising & what you want brands to do, which youll want to test & develop. Youll have an even stronger curiosity about people & why they do what they do. You will be comfortable with data in Excel or Google Sheets & be active & interested in social media platforms from Instagram & Facebook through to TikTok or Snapchat.
Specific Skills / Experience / Activity:
- Experience using Excel / Google Sheets to analyse & chart data
- Excitement about what's possible on social platforms including TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat & LinkedIn
- The desire to learn & develop strategy skills through working with members of the strategy team
- Experience in a strategy or insights as either a permanent, freelance or internship position
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter or Google Ads Manager and/or social media analytics
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.