Hi, we're Oscar. Were building our Learning & Development team!
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
As the Learning Programs Manager for Operations, you will design, create, & curate learning solutions to enable success & scalability of Oscars large-scale operational functions, including the operational & strategic success of our industry leading Concierge Care Guide team. You will partner as a player/coach with a team of Instructional Designers to deliver learning assets & programs at scale with an eye towards continuous improvement. Youll be expected to set a high standard of design, learner experience, & innovation, & coach your colleagues to meet those standards.
Youll report to the Senior Learning Programs Manager for Operations & Technology. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York, Arizona or California office & part of the time working remotely.
- Build & manage relationships with Operations leaders, People Strategy/HR Business Partners, & other key stakeholders to understand the functions strategy & priorities, & translate that to goals for L&D.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts (SMEs) & functional stakeholders to perform needs analysis, scope projects, & evaluate existing materials to identify the appropriate approach & content for Oscars Operations diverse audiences.
- Design & build learning assets & solutions, incorporating adult learning theory within content development, in multiple modalities, & leveraging best-in-class e-learning authoring software & tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, or Lectora.
- Own the full end-to-end development of learning assets, including authoring computer-based content; development of animation & learner interaction/activity; recording/editing of audio/visual elements; & any programming & scripting to enable enhanced learner experiences such as customization, branching, gamification, etc.
- Manage programs end-to-end, from scope definition & delivery, through regular updates & maintenance that ensure training stays relevant to the changing & growing business environment.
- Experience facilitating & adapting content for virtual & in-person learning experiences.
- Expert capabilities using e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, etc.
- Experience designing & delivering programs based on adult learning principles.
- 6+ years experience, preferably within or partnering with business operations.
- 4+ years experience in L&D; instructional, user-experience, or process design; or similar discipline.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of professional experience.
- Masters degree or certifications in adult learning or learning technologies
- People management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.