Away is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, we are building a best-in-class accounting team, & this person would help streamline how we work with vendors globally, account for invoices, & manage employee expenses. The ideal candidate will hold themselves to a high standard of executional excellence, & have a passion for accounts payable, a can-do attitude, & a willingness to learn & grow in a fast-paced environment. You will report into the Accounts Payable Manager & be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What Youll Do:
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter & code bills in the ERP, and/or our AP system Tipalti.
- Communicate with vendors & business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms & vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via our AP system, ACH, check, wire, & credit card in compliance with the Companys policies & procedures
- Be an administrator of the Companys third party expense platforms, Expensify & Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports & submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy & accuracy over coding
- Reconcile credit card liability accounts
- Facilitate expense analysis & reporting by generating system reports for distribution to business owners
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting & provide analysis as requested by FP&A & business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings & other tasks
- Maintain process documentation & look for opportunities to automate & improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects & ad-hoc analysis
Who You Are:
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic & generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor & employee information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational & time management skills
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, & accounting software (experience with Netsuite, Expensify, Teampay & Tipalti a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.