About the role
Chime is looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer who has an exceptional user-centric consumer approach & desire to design seamless experiences for our members. Youll help millions of Americans gain financial peace of mind as you bring Chimes product vision to life.
As a Lead Product Designer, youll join a team of makers, prototypers, innovators, & builders to help design & create products that will disrupt the financial industry & help empower our members to take control over their financial well-being.
*This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Act as an evangelist for design & member experiences throughout Chime
- Partner with cross functional leads to create products that bring positive change to our members lives
- Provide design direction & leadership to other designers on the team
- Build at scale
- Use a human-centered design process to solve member problems
- influence design leadership & cross-functional partners
- Contribute to our design standards & push them forward
To thrive in this role, you have
- 8+ years of proven history shipping consumer mobile products
- Have a consistent track record of defining & executing new & ambiguous ideas
- Owning product design strategy from start to finish
- Experience developing strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to deliver on both business & user goals
- Experience in mentoring & giving feedback to help others grow & level up
- Highly collaborative & a great team player
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.