About UsIAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates DotDash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
The OpportunityTitle: Mailroom Associate
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Workplace Services
Location: New York, NY
We are looking for a highly organized & detail-oriented Mailroom Associate to support the IAC building. This is an exciting entry-level opportunity that provides exposure to Facilities & Operations at IAC. You will be directly supporting the needs of a busy mailroom & our multi-tenant facility.
- Serve as the point person to organize & sort incoming mail & packages & forward any misdirected mail.
- Partner with Facilities team members to ensure prompt interoffice delivery of items.
- Deliver urgent or priority items across departments in the company.
- Handle outgoing mail & packages & arrange for deliveries/collections as needed with FedEx/messenger services/etc.
- Organize & maintain mailroom supplies by tracking, ordering, & receiving inventory.
- Use Microsoft Excel to log package information & enter data.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Ability to accurately organize & distribute large amounts of time-sensitive mail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing & verbally.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Schedule is not limited to standard business hours of 9am to 6pm. This position is overtime eligible.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheets.
- Preferred, but not required: previous work experience in retail, corporate office services, facilities, service industry, or hospitality.
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will be provided with a uniform that must be worn during their shift Monday-Friday.
- The employee frequently is required to walk around the office to periodically deliver and/or collect items as required, as well as interact with the building tenants.
- The employee is required to stand; stoop, kneel, or crouch to collect items, or investigate issues & solutions to issues that arise in our offices.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to assist with the day-to-day demands around the office, Mailroom and/or Loading Dock.