Director, Marketing Entertainment (Walmart.com)
Walmarts Marketing organization is evolving to the next generation, with a focus on providing the best online & in store experience for customers. Marketing leads planning & strategy development, customer journey, communications, as well as in store & online experience for the 140 million U.S. customers that shop at Walmart every week. Whether in store or online, Walmart is serving customers changing needs of retail.
About the Job
As Director of Marketing for Entertainment, you will lead a team & develop marketing for some of our largest volume categories including Electronics, Video Games & Media. You will also be responsible for helping to define & implement new Entertainment strategies that bring together content, media & commerce to create new Omnichannel experiences that delight customers.
Youll have a unique, omni-channel hybrid role - representing the marketing organization & liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Retail, Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, In-Store Merchandising, Operations & Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness & drive consumer adoption of key categories & services for Walmart stores & Walmart.com.
This role requires a well-rounded marketing leader with a proven track record of driving results: youll flex your strategic, executional & analytic capabilities; creative judgment; & team leadership. You will partner with your GM business partners on the retail side to ensure our marketing strategies & plans are locked & loaded. Additionally, you will partner with internal paid & unpaid channel owners across SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Display & Paid Social, In-Store Merchandising, Retailtainment & CRM; as well as collaborate with external Media Partners to develop & optimize our programming. You will brief-in creative teams & judge ideas.
The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic marketing expertise to retail partners. S/he will have experience in digital & traditional marketing across the marketing hourglass, from awareness through conversion & retention. S/he will leverage data & customer insights to grow & optimize program performance over time. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative & strategic full stack marketer who has strong digital acumen to make an impact on a large scale.
Marketing strategy, planning, execution, creative briefing & judging (35% of time)
- Develop the companys marketing vision for Entertainment as well as short- & long-term plans- in line with corporate strategy & business goals; Translate the vision into a marketing strategy that drives customer acquisition, activation & retention across the business
- Develop marketing calendar & ensure alignment with retail priorities & operating plans; Lead campaign & creative briefings to support key marketing strategies
- Steer & balance marketing investment across the portfolio (e.g., categories & sub-categories, private label, marketplace, etc.) to ensure spend is aligned to profitability targets
- Lead the development & execution of 360-degree marketing programs working closely with all core channels: paid search, SEO, affiliate, media partnerships, social media, in-store merchandising, Tab, site, mobile & more to quarterback the strategy
- Help shape Omni Seasonal programs as a key Retail Marketing stakeholder across X-CAT shopping windows (e.g., BTS/BTC, Fathers Day, Holiday, etc.)
- Deliver breakthrough creative & storytelling partner with team to raise the bar
- Lead weekly cross-functional meetings & drive operational excellence & lead the marketing discussion during weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews
Insights & Analytics (35% of time)
- Keep a pulse on the markets in which we play & the competitive environments, turning observations into insights & recommended actions
- Demonstrate expertise on the latest innovations & opportunities impacting the marketing landscape, our partners & our competitors through regular connection points with external media & creative partners
- Be the voice of the customer for Entertainment, deeply understanding habits, attitudes & online/offline shopping behaviors
- Use reporting dashboards to monitor our performance on a daily & weekly basis, finding areas of opportunity or enhancement; be curious & open to new ways to connect online & offline metrics to understand the impact of our marketing on operational & customer metrics
Build a high-performance, customer centric team (30% of time)
- Build a world class Entertainment marketing function that embraces innovation & delivers results. Bring new ideas, creativity, & insights to the Entertainment group across all media (digital, in-store, experiential)
- Scale a diverse marketing department by recruiting & retaining full-stack, Omnichannel marketers; manage the team to develop their marketing skill sets across all key disciplines
- Build strong relationships with retail, marketing channel partners & creative teams; proactively identify new growth opportunities & work collaboratively with other business functions to optimize go-to-market plans
- 10+ years relevant experience in B2C marketing, agency or brand management
- Proven track record of leading high-performing marketing campaigns that exceed revenue & customer targets
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally & building innovative marketing plans from the ground up
- Experience in multiple areas of performance marketing including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing & partnerships
- Strong analytical acumen
- Strong organization skills & ability to work effectively & collaboratively across a cross-functional team & go toe-to-toe with senior retail leaders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with ability to ruthlessly prioritize
- Knowledge of & interest in customer behavior, retail, brand & direct response marketing
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record - MBA desired but not required