At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal only three & half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, & on three continents.
We are recognized industry leadersreceiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is hiring a Creative Director to elevate the HelloFresh brand into a category of one through a once-in-a-generation brand experience & lead our growing New-York-based Brand Creative Team. This person will partner with key business leaders across strategy, product & implementation to bring our brand to life across every aspect of the business - from setting the art direction across our channels (TV, Paid Social, Display, Email, Web & Mobile) to developing visual identities for our physical experiences, to evolving our brand guidelines & typography. You see the big picture, but also believe that great brands & great design comes down to execution & the details.
The ideal candidate will know how to build & scale transformative 21st century brands in a complex, nuanced, & evolving media environment. To this end, the Creative Director has deep experience conceptualizing, designing & producing brand campaigns, as well as leading design teams. You are a communications designer by trade, an expert typographer & can lead by example & with humility. In addition, youll lead a team of talented designers, foster their professional development, & create the ideal conditions for them to do great work. Comfort with performance marketing is critical to success in this role.
You will ...
- Grow, lead & inspire a creative team of designers & writers
- Manage the creative teams daily output
- Drive performance marketing assets & channels to the next level
- Promote continual creative improvement
- Contribute to a culture of creative excellence through modelingPartner with key leaders to set the long-term vision & voice for the brands visual identity
- Work with our Culinary team to arrive at photo direction for all three brands Collaborate with marketing leads & other business stakeholders on design projects & marketing campaigns
- Guide the project briefing & scoping to ensure a healthy balance of results & great creative work
- Foster an environment that encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation & creativity
- Become an active part of the marketing leadership team
- Extremely detail oriented with a track record of delivering consistent messaging with clarity
- Highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, driven by creative excellence & a self-starter
- Skilled at bringing people together & getting the most from your teamighly organized with a great sense for time management.
- Strategic decision maker that can prioritize project goals in favor of the business
- Familiar with brand-side entrepreneurial & tech-driven creative environments
At a minimum, you have...
- A bachelors degree with strong academic record (i.e. art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism) and/or proven relevant experience on high-growth tech and/or lifestyle brands. Work on food & beverage is a major plus.
- 10+ years brand-side experience with creative & branding 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that showcases a finely tuned & nuanced aesthetic
- Demonstrated strength in typography, design systems, storytelling & art direction.
- A strong network of creative partners & freelance designers, illustrators & photographers.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.