At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal & we have launched facilities across Canada & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
If you would like to join an energetic & highly motivated team & work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact & make a difference every single day then join us & become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
As a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician at our BC locations, you will support the practice of maintaining the highest level of food safety & quality in our products & help define the direction of the industry. We are looking for two FSQA techs to join us during this period with each working from ourAbbotsford or Langley Distribution Centres.
- An FSQA Technician is the first checkpoint in an effective food safety & quality assurance system. They are responsible for monitoring a variety of processes to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when opening a HelloFresh box. You will report to the site FSQA Manager & will work closely with the Production & Receiving teams to uphold our FSQA standards at the distribution center. This will involve quantitative measurements, environmental & product sampling, inspection of incoming raw materials & observation of the production process.
What you'll do:
- Be involved in quality control activities in all aspects of the HelloFresh operation which include but are not limited to inbounding, on-line packing, portioning & outbound
- Communicate with the FSQA Team, Procurement & Production in case of product quality non-conformance
- Perform root cause analyses surrounding non-conformances & process deviations to determine what corrective action should be taken within the limits of standard practices
- Responsible for compilation & maintenance of inspection reports & records (ex. GMP records, temp logs)
- Perform pre & post-operational sanitation reviews of the food processing environment & equipment, including swabbing
- Conduct environmental sampling & facility audits
- Maintain clear & concise communication with the Operations, Procurement & Logistics teams
- Deliver FSQA training to new & existing associates
- Support the FSQA Manager during third party and/or internal audits
- Uphold HelloFreshs protocol for achieving the highest level of food safety & quality assurance
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Biological or Food Sciences
- 0-2 years experience in a food production and/or warehouse environment
- Experience working in GMP environment with a strong understanding of FSQA principles
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial & local food safety regulations is an asset
- Entrepreneurial with the attitude of being hands-on & getting things done
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven & fast-paced environment
- Team player who is comfortable collaborating with other departments but also working independently
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & should think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Comfortable working in a cold environment, standing & walking for duration of shift & able to lift up to 15 kgs
- Familiar with MS Office, Google Apps & comfortable learning new technology
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Flexible with working hours for business requirements, including early morning & late night shifts.
- Strong passion for food is a must!
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive & the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Working with a fun, ambitious & supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!