THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
We are seeking a driven & results-oriented Benefits Manager to join our HR Operations & Total Rewards team. This position will be responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations & oversee the management of Benefits, 401(k) & retirement plans, Wellness Program, EAP, Workers Compensation, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability & other employee benefits.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Administer employee benefits programs including but not limited to medical, dental, vision; life insurance; short & long-term disability, workers compensation, EAP, etc.
- Evaluate & compare existing company benefits to market data to determine companys competitive position & develop recommendations for modifications/new plans accordingly
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data & solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluate quotations & make recommendations to management.
- Responsible for administration of new & existing plans including communications, benefits booklets, benefits orientation & eligibility notifications.
- Prepares & executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original & amended plan texts, benefit agreements & insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, & other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt & accurate compliance.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Supervises preparation of reports & applications required by law to be filed with federal & state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, & other regulatory agencies. Reviews & analyzes changes to state & federal laws pertaining to benefits, & reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Handles benefit inquiries & complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, & by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, & beneficiaries to facilitate proper & complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Responsible for administering company retirement plans (traditional 401(k) & Roth) including eligibility & ERISA notifications, employee education
- Partner with HRIS & IT team to configure HRIS for benefit plans, rate tables, & interfaces to carriers. Monitor & audit benefit records to ensure integrity of data between systems.
- Establish and/or strengthen relationships with key HR vendors to maximize value for the services they provide.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in a Benefits/Total Rewards role. Ideal candidate will have deep expertise in benefits design & negotiation, 401(k) & stock/equity plans.
- Both public & private experience strongly preferred.
- Must be a team player & boast, can do attitude, & be able to forge great relationships both within & outside the HR team.
- An ideal candidate will also have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving & thrive in fast-paced environment, tempered by an appreciation of complexity & risk.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve & communicate observations & recommendations
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.