This team is focused on urban transportation & removing congestion, read more here!
At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyfts Research Science Team builds mathematical models underpinning the platforms core services. In Bikes & Scooters, we have an direct link to the operations teams to help them deliver the highest quality & most heavily used bike & scooter systems. Compared to other technology companies of a similar size, the set of problems that we tackle is incredibly diverse. They cut across optimization, prediction, modeling, inference, transportation, pricing, sensing, & mapping. We are hiring motivated experts in each of these fields. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, is passionate about solving mathematical problems with data, & is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative & collegial environment.
- Work with Engineers, Product Managers, Ops teams, & Business Partners to frame problems, both mathematically & within the business context.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Construct & fit statistical, machine learning, or optimization models
- Write production modeling code; collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production
- Design & run both simulated & live in-production experiments
- Analyze experimental & observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
Experience & Skills:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Transportation Systems, or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years professional experience
- Passion for solving unstructured & non-standard mathematical problems
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, & visualization
- Proficiency with Python, or another interpreted programming language like R or Matlab
- Enthusiastic to collaborate & communicate with others to solve a problem
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.