Hiring Manager: Luca Gherardi
Recruiter: Amanda Evans
Associate Product Manager - Booking Services
Job Description Summary
The Associate Product Manager, based in Oxford, is responsible for executing his own product roadmap & driving key initiatives within the Booking Services Team (Supplier payout, Consumer payments, Financial reporting & Booking Management) for the TripAdvisor Experiences Business Unit. The APM collaborates with Stakeholders, Analysts, Data Scientists, Interaction Designers & Engineers to evolve the platforms feature set & ensures on-time quality deliverables. To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data & thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration & reliance on quantitative & qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations & enhancements. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal & external research. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones. In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing area at TripAdvisor, where you will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor growth & success.
Who are we
TripAdvisor is the worlds largest online travel site, visited by over 456 million travellers each month, & our business TripAdvisor Experiences is one of the fastest growing part of the organization. Experiences are a significant revenue generator & key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole.
Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help travellers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether theyre booking a tour guide in Sydney, a cooking class in Costa Rica, or a skip the line ticket to visit the Colosseum.
Why This Job is Excellent:
Payments are a strategic area for Tripadvisor & as a Associate Product Manager you will be a key player in supporting a world class payments platform. Owning the end to end delivery of critical product developments youll be creating groundbreaking customer experiences that delight our customers & internal users, drive exponential business growth & pushes you to the forefront of the digital world.
What youll get
Youll be surrounded & supported by a leading team of digital & technological experts that deliver & evolve at a fast pace, & will help & push you to develop at an equally rapid rate. Working as part of a team of seasoned product managers, you will report to the Booking Services Group Product Manager & will have frequent & significant exposure to the most senior leadership in the organization. Youll have the scope to push the boundaries, to test, develop & implement disruptive new ideas & opportunities & be well rewarded & recognized for doing so.
Youll get experience of building strategic partnerships with other key stakeholders (finance, sales, trust & safety, supplier support & other product functions) to capture business requirements, plan product features & evaluate product performance along key KPIs.
What You'll Do:
Simply put, youll have an important role in delivering the best scaled & efficient ecosystem for managing bookings, collecting traveller payments, paying-out suppliers & creating the necessary financial tools & reporting for the Experiences & Rentals Business unit.
This is a pivotal role working across the organisation, from identifying business requirements through to interactions with an Agile technical team to achieve product delivery. Youll be motivated by a fast paced & Agile environment & excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously to test & execute immediate change.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Deliver the Product roadmap for Internal efficiency, financial reporting & booking platform
- Deliver long term vision for the platforms used as well as tactical initiatives required for urgent needs
- Own & develop business cases, including evaluation & recommendation of options
- Create strategies to influence & manage customer behavior to drive key business targets
- Present key recommendations & results to senior leadership & across the organization
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders & create valuable relationship
- Project manage the delivery & implementation of your products, managing your assigned dev resources & tracking the effectiveness & success of the final deliverables
What We Need from You:
- Passion for on-line ecommerce & digital technology, along with a hunger to develop disruptive experiences in this area
- 1+ years of experience of working in a product related role (or business analyst) within e-commerce is required while finance & payments experience constitutes a plus
- Experience of working with Technology teams to develop product, providing clear product direction, background & user stories.
- Proven history of understanding & driving improvements across all elements of the User Experience (Functionality, Design, Content & Usability)
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations, with a global team, across multiple time zones
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams, as necessary
- Regular travel (once a quarter)
- Prior experience with Agile methodology a strong benefit but not essential