We are hiring a Manager, FP&A, to support the Publishing business. This position is based in New York & reports to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Kobalt is a music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalts commitment to technology, transparency, & creators rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company & its clients. Today, Kobalts Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, & Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, & 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently over 640 people based across 12 offices & were expecting to grow. Thats where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you believe in a better music industry & would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, FP&A (RECORDINGS) KOBALT DO?
- Drive continuous improvement in modelling & forecasting, including building/refining model logic & assumptions while operating across multiple systems (including Excel, Adaptive Insights & our in-house royalty database). Carry out analyses to inform, update & refine forecasting assumptions & logic, & extract insight on business performance
- Must be able to work with large volume of Data
- Develop new KPI reporting & automate reporting using tools such as Domo (Business Intelligence), Adaptive, etc.
- Anticipate & translate the needs of the business into concrete solutions, analyses & insight, including responding to ad-hoc requests for financial information/analysis & supporting strategic & operational decision making as appropriate
- Ensure forecasts (covering P&L, cashflow & KPIs) are updated on time & to high standard, communicating as appropriate with stakeholders in the business & in Finance
- Ensure delivery of regular weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting & commentary while driving continuous improvement in usefulness & efficiency of production.
- Help improve & integrate data across multiple systems & departments to increase reliability, accuracy, usefulness & production efficiency of management information
- May be required to update forecasts for business unit specific costs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Advanced financial / Excel modelling skills & extensive experience building models from scratch, with ability to drive best practice in modelling & working with large amounts of data
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience including within an FP&A / budgeting & forecasting role (preferably in Music Recordings). Must have had responsibility for revenue forecasting
- High level of numerical aptitude, commercially aware & capable of dealing effectively with complexity
- Excellent analytical skills & approach
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent prioritization skills & judgement; ability to work independently & to tight deadlines
- Can define deliverables & propose solutions
- Positive & enthusiastic team-first attitude; embraces challenge & change; motivated & hard-working; self-confident can-do attitude; committed to development & improvement
- Music industry experience nice to have
- Formal training in financial modelling
- Experience querying & manipulating large volume complex datasets / databases; competent SQL skills & ability to bring conceptual clarity & structure to complex/unstructured data
- Experience working with Budgeting Software such as Adaptive or Hyperion
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Domo, Tableau, Looker)
- Please include CV with introductory paragraph or covering letter of 200 words max
- Candidates will be asked to complete aptitude test
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.