Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilisation & storytelling to help the leading organisations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a Campaign Manager with 4+ years of experience in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or creative campaigns. We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
This is a Fixed Term contract role, set to begin ASAP & run through the end of December, with possibility of extension based on a number of factors.
This role is offered at the Manager tier, with a yearly salary band between 45,000 - 60,000.
As a Purpose Campaign Manager, you will
- Play a critical role in campaign execution, including developing campaign content (e.g., writing email & social media copy), executing offline tactics & stunts, running experiments (e.g., A/B email subject line tests), monitoring metrics, & sharing data-driven results
- Represent Purpose at external events, conferences & meeting
- Build relationships & represent Purpose with key decision makers, government representatives & other local authorities in key constituencies
- Partnership management- identify & build relationships with new & innovative partners including NGOs, entrepreneurs, youth groups, activists, faith groups, educational institutes to strengthen Purposes work in the region
- Support the Campaigns Director & wider Purpose team in identifying overarching lessons & metrics
- Oversee the development of campaign content in partnership with the Purpose creative team, including videos, graphics, & digital experiences
- Developing organizing & advocacy strategies to build & engage communities of supporters in advocacy campaigns; developing communications & marketing plans to bring advocacy campaign messages & calls-to-action to target supporter audiences, both online & offline
- Develop & present professional & high quality client-facing deliverables, such as strategy presentations with clear flow & focused recommendations, campaign plans outlining goals, audience, channels, partnerships, timeline etc.
This is what a day in the life of a Purpose Campaign Manager looks like:
- You will be developing advocacy campaign strategies & tactics that shift narratives & move people to action
- You will be developing organizing strategies & tactics to build & engage communities of supporters in advocacy campaigns
- You will be developing communications & marketing plans to bring advocacy campaign messages & calls-to-action to target supporter audiences, both online & offline
- You will be producing advocacy campaign assets & tactics: from writing emails, mastering social media for good to organising engaging offline activities-Whatever it takes -- you'll do it
- You will be involved in the development of creative content including short viral films, website & digital experience & writing copy
- You will be working in partnership with a diverse range of groups from grassroots activists, media & some of the world's biggest institutions
- 4+ years experience in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or creative campaigns
- Proven track record of organising campaigns & a network of civil society organizations, think tanks, citizen groups, media to tap into
- Proven ability to deliver creative campaigns that move people to action
- Ability to work & lead project teams under pressure & tight deadlines, & stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Demonstrable strong analytical & strategic thinking & campaign planning skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture & a hierarchical team structure
- You're excited to work with global team members & people with diverse background
- You are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. BAME individuals, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.