Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost & complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients & operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere & by anyone. The integration of water purification & on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
As a Senior Global Sourcing Manager, you will use your wide industry knowledge & strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global & growing infrastructure. You will be responsible for all aspects of supplier development & ongoing performance management & business needs. You'll develop & execute Outset's sourcing strategy for all specific parts related to electro mechanical assembly, electronics, plastics, machining category and/or any other components intrinsic to the successful running of the organization. You will be a key part of an end-to-end supply chain team that drives continuous improvement & ensures operational excellence in support of Outsets rapid growth.
You will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation & management of strategies to provide Outset with optimal supply assurance to meet growth, pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery performance, total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Outset & our customers.
Outset is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility & adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall Sourcing Expertise.
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost & scenario analysis, & benchmarking.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes & costs, reverse logistics, & market intelligence, & apply this knowledge to influence Outsets future product roadmap & sourcing decisions.
- Issue RFX for sourcing assigned commodities, & review, analyze & clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers. Provide right recommendation based on sourcing process for approval, & finalize/release contract/PO.
- Drive price negotiations processes to ensure that Outset commodity pricing are best in class. Drive continual cost reduction & avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations.
- Evaluate & provide guidance on final selection of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers. Evaluate supplier core competencies & competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Analyze current spend & evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends & develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Evaluate supplier business proposals & present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Develop spend strategies, identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, select suppliers & determine prices, terms, & conditions of agreements.
- Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings from executing strategic sourcing projects.
- Develop sourcing & negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives & achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Design, conduct & synthesize supplier, industry & market research for assigned commodities to develop sourcing strategy. Address all areas of category management including category business plans, global market & pricing analysis & procurement support.
- Drive cost transparency & build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions.
- Lead & be a key contact for various supplier selection processes to meet the growth & cost objectives & collaboration activities in early product transfer phase. Identify & achieve saving according to benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, & quality in order to strike agreements that meet Outsets performance criteria & secure long term supply continuity.
- Assess & mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of a cross functional team. Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps & identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Collaborate across the Outset organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize & communicate findings to senior leaders & to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Maintain supplier relationship by effective communication, track supplier KPI & drive supplier to improve, & lead commercial issue resolutions.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers & negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction & improved service levels.
- BA/BS Degree preferred; BS Engineering (esp Mechanical) strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Strategic Sourcing in a manufacturing or R&D environment; Capital Equipment experience strongly preferred
- 5 years of commodity management experience with strong technical knowledge
- Advanced strategic sourcing, NPI, cost analyses, & contract negotiations (purchasing / service agreements) skills
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing process like molding, stamping, castings, machining, & fabrications
- Excellent analytical & judgment skills, proficiency in using MS Excel / PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues & drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise & problem solve
- Strive for innovative manufacturing technologies & processes.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks & projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage & track transactional details
- Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.