NS1 optimizes delivery of the worlds most critical internet & enterprise applications. Only NS1s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data & grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, & IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, & automated system. NS1s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency & application performance, reliability, & security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora & The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Were looking to add a new member to our fast growing engineering team: an experienced Backend Software Engineer focusing on our Data Layer.
Our data layer sits behind our industry leading REST API, providing fast & safe access to our data stores, & includes our custom change data capture system which propagates changes in real time to edge locations throughout the world. The entire data subsystem is tuned for maximum performance, reliability, & scale.
The data layer is a mission critical component of both our SaaS & on-premise products, & the team is responsible for both development & operations.
- Owning our change data capture & streaming replication (Go/gRPC) software subsystem, including PostgreSQL logical decoding, data digesting, imaging, & oplog strategies
- Owning the operation, scaling & performance SLAs of our global realtime configuration distribution for SaaS products
- Defining & maintaining the interfaces & frameworks used by application engineers to store & propagate data safely from control plane to edge services & devices
- Ensuring the data layer subsystem meets high demands for throughput, reliability, security, data integrity, & propagation speed
- Go, SQL, C/C++
- gRPC, protobufs
- Experience testing & operating what you develop
- Knowledge of a range of database technologies & internal implementation details, especially distributed databases & associated challenges
- Knowledge of distributed systems & widely distributed data pipelines
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- UNIX & networking knowledge
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL internals & module writing experience: background workers, logical decoding
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, LMDB
- Experience with streaming replication & change data capture systems like Debezium
- Linux systems programming skills
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.