Were a talented team of product managers, digital marketers, developers, & product designers building Canadas leading financial product comparison platform, Ratehub.ca (think Expedia, but for financial products). We compare mortgage rates, credit card rewards, deposit returns & insurance quotes.
We love helping Canadians save money by empowering them with the tools to make smart financial decisions. We believe in financial transparency, product innovation, entrepreneurship & community. Thats our modus operandi.
Were looking for a Senior Business Unit Manager to join our growing team, dt Toronto. This is a great opportunity for someone who has developed the maturity & skills required to anticipate business needs & yet still has the flexibility to jump in & help out when needed - no problem is too big or too small attitude!
RateHub.ca offers a friendly, innovative & collaborative work environment in Downtown Toronto. Our talented team drives our success, & we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
- Fun: You bring your whole self to work & make an effort to contribute to our workplace culture in a positive way
- Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer & company needs to make good business choices
- Growth mindset: You love to learn & try new things
- Hunger: You turn passion into action
- Willing to Help: You care about your team members & are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
- Impact orientated: You are motivated by results & track to completion
- Post-secondary degree: We value intelligence over relevance, but a bachelors degree in relevant program ( Business - Ecommerce- Marketing) would be looked upon favourably
- Previous experience setting aggressive goals, resulting in increased market share
- Proven leadership skills: demonstrated ability to act as an owner & champion your business unit, while Inspiring cross functional teams to deliver
- Effective communication skills; able to deliver presentations internally to senior leadership & company wide, as well, rep the company at industry events & PR appearances
- Strong Analytical skills demonstrated in the following areas:
- conversion funnel optimization
- Insights into user behaviour
- Competitive analysis
- Understanding of P&L reporting, including marketing spend, advertising revenue & forecasting
- Knowledge of unit economics used to drive growth
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture & want to preserve it
As leader of the credit card business unit you will need to:
- Formulate & communicate the strategic vision of the business unit.
- Set the yearly Business Unit plans in accordance with 3 year company targets & manage the delivery of KPIs against those targets.
- Build & execute growth plans with input from the product & marketing teams.
- Carry out competitor analysis to influence future business expansion, market sizing of opportunities.
- Direct line management & leadership accountability for the content & PR team members dedicated to the BU.
- Manage a cross functional business unit team, with dotted line accountability for marketing, sales, product, and development to effectively deliver the components of the strategic plan.
- Bridge immediate term growth opportunities with multi year long term planning.
- Balance user experience with profitability obligation of partnerships.
- Build & negotiate new partnership agreements, manage existing customer relationships alongside the sales & partnership team.
- Establish pricing strategies.
- Update performance tracking & reporting dashboards, both weekly & monthly. Identify issues, recommend & implement corrective action. .
- Guide SEO strategy through keyword research & monitoring, & content marketing campaigns
- Leverage internal and market data to develop content themes & topics for internal & external media campaigns, & coordinate with the Editorial team as required
- Become the spokesperson for the BU including media appearances where appropriate.
- Competitive salary: We know its expensive to live/work in Toronto
- Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
- RRSP matching program
- Training allowance
- Access to a financial Planner on annual basis
- Benefits: Health is wealth
- Casual dress code: If its good enough for you, its good enough for us
- The best team socials: karaoke is our jam
Ratehub welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.