Company Description|Job Description
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, & financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, & more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, & advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica's accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability & complexity that result from extreme data.
Kinetica operates with a global footprint & an unprecedented adoption by Global 2000 organizations with venture backing from Great Point Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Canvas Ventures & Citi Ventures.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Join our Solutions Engineering team to pair your deep technical expertise with your ability to understand the impact to the businessin order to advise our most strategic customers on why & how to leverage the Kinetica platform to drive their digital transformation. Kinetica is a high-growth startup that aims to fundamentally change what's possible in the world of data & analytics. This will require our customers to have a different perspective on how they approach their most challenging business problems & you will be an advocate for them.
You'reaself-driven, curious & have a customer-first mentality? You have a history of delivering value & fit within the culture of having to work across multi-disciplinary teams to quickly arrive at solutions in a world that is ever-changing. You'll have to be comfortable switching lanes quickly as one might be coding a prototype, diving deep into a customer's use case, co-presenting a proposal to an executive team or working with engineering on the scope of a new feature or capability all within the same week. You'll be responsible for understanding & advocating how the world's only Active Analytics platform uniquely leverages GPUs in the world of high-performance computing to the enterprise.
- Provide technical leadership & guidance with both existing & prospective customers in their successful understanding, evaluation, & adoption of Kinetica
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams across customers & partners to define the fit of Kinetica within the organization by way of designing reference architectures, solution requirements, prototypes & proof of concepts that are relevant to their business or use case
- Contribute to the team by designing & building reusable projects, utilities, & templates based on first-hand experience from working with customers
- Collaborate with product management & engineering to provide essential feedback & details to contribute to the product roadmap
- 25-50% Travel
- DC Metro or San Francisco
- 3+ Years of relevant work experience in a customer facing professional services, solution engineering or strategic consulting role
- Hands-on experience with Big Data platforms (Apache Spark, Hadoop Ecosystem, Kafka, NoSQL Databases, etc.)
- Deep experience in working with Linux (shell scripting/bash)
- Strong familiarity with SQL & comfortable coding Java or Python
- Experience designing & implementing data pipelines & ETL streams
- Knowledgeable on database concepts, data structures, data warehousing, data lakes, & big data analytics
- Passionate about working closely with customers as their advocate in their use of our technology
- You are a great communicator, equally comfortable writing an eloquent e-mail, giving an executive presentation or running a workflow white-boarding session. You must be comfortable diving into the details, but know when to keep it brief
- A high-energy individual who thrives on pushing the boundaries has a passion for data & can work in a high-growth environment with limited direction
- Distributed Data & MPP concepts/architecture
- Machine Learning/AI or Geospatial Expertise
- Experience with performance tuning/optimization, debugging & troubleshooting big data solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.