What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Compliance Associate to join our growing team!
We are seeking a Compliance Associate to join the BlockFi Product Compliance team. In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to designing & conducting compliance monitoring reviews, assisting in completing regulatory filings & exams, & filing periodic reports according to licensing obligations. You will be expected to remain up to speed with an evolving regulatory environment, & to quickly gain an understanding of the growing product suite. You will liaise with the Finance, Security, Risk & Legal teams, among others.
What youll be doing:
- Managing the new license application process by researching federal & state requirements,filing license applications, & responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Providing support to oversee the maintenance of the BlockFi Secretary of State business registrations/licenses, money transmitter licenses, & lending licenses; file periodic reports; renew registration/licenses as needed
- Assisting in completing regulatory examination responses & remediations as necessary
- Maintaining & updating BlockFis repository of regulatory obligations
- Staying informed of state-by-state regulatory requirements in the lending, cryptocurrency, & money transmission spaces
- Creating new processes or process improvements as needed, supporting & enforcing compliance guidelines for use by product & marketing teams when developing new offerings
- Assisting with other compliance initiatives related to monitoring & regulatory reporting / examinations as needed
- Acting as ambassador for the team in order to help promote the culture of compliance
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-4 years experience in compliance is required
- Experience in regulatory compliance preferred
- Ability to manage projects & processes, & the ability to multitask
- Experience with document management related tools is preferred (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring & responsibility for compliance with state & federal regulations & laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to develop knowledge of state & federal regulatory compliance guidelines in the lending, money transmission, & digital currency industries.
- Experience with the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) is a plus.
- Experience with Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) tools is a plus.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, fast moving, & flexible.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects
- Advanced organizational & analytical abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently & within a team
- Ability to spot issues & problem solve
- Highly motivated & eager to learn
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand