ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Were looking for a self-starter with highly technical skills in cloud & stack security. With a special focus on PAAS & containerized application security, the DevSecOps will focus on optimizing & automating security controls & processes for the Fanduel Group production cloud instances. Always on the bleeding edge of security & technology developments, the DevSecOps Engineer collaborates with developers, users, vendors & IT colleagues to provide tailored security solutions. As a member of the greater Information Technology Team, DevSecOps Engineer will work across various IT functional areas to develop strategic & implementation plans for information systems security. The DevSecOps Engineer thrives in a demanding & highly flexible environment against both short & long-term deliverables.
Implement & provide security support for the Fanduel Group US cloud based customer platform & internal corporate environment. Utilize a variety of computing architectures (e.g., cloud (AWS, O365, GCP). Collaborate with developers, staff, IT colleagues, & vendors to identify security requirements, & recommend solution options. We're the field. The person will be a member of the Information Technology team & will work across various IT functional areas to develop strategic & implementation plans for information systems security. Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short & long-term requirements. He/she will be charged with securing the Fanduel Group production cloud environments, & internal infrastructure services.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for security of internal & customer facing applications, company infrastructure, & connected 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure secure configuration & operation of cloud networks, load balancers & firewalls (Cloud armor, WAF, etc)
- Maintain contact with vendors, industry peers, & professional associations to keep informed of existing & evolving industry standards, technologies, & cyber threats.
- Assist in design of enhancements to the cloud security strategy by identifying & alerting on appropriate event types.
- Experience with securing Active Directory/LDAP, Linux, as well as containerized applications.
- Identify, evaluate, & conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies, enabling secure development of core architectural components.
- Develop business relationships & integrate security activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation & support security project efforts.
- Mentor security analyst, & information technology organization in understanding & adhering to cloud architecture design standards & guidelines. Promote knowledge sharing within the technical communities.
- Foster & maintain good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels & stakeholder expectations.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an Information Security role preferred
- Knowledge of cloud DevSecOps, scripting, & automation for containerized applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience securing cloud & containerized applications is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with large, complex networks & systems preferred
- Security+, CISSP, CCSK, CCSP or equivalents.
- Experience in a hands-on role setting up & supporting cloud based internal & customer facing applications, using ISO 27001, PCI, and/or NIST security standards.
- Subject matter expert on leading multiple cyber security projects.
- In depth knowledge & understanding of Intrusion Prevention Systems, Firewalls, & associated best practices for securing internet facing databases as well as communication between the Internet, multiple DMZ's, & cloud based services.
- Hands-on experience administering, securing & working with O365, AWS, & GCP servers, & containerized applications at scale.
- In depth knowledge of cloud security & design of security on large scale applications supporting high throughput dynamic loads.
- Understanding of Database security a plus.
- Programming/scripting experience as related to security automation.
- Ideal candidate will have an intimate understanding of technology & be motivated to constantly learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning and/or internal penetration testing.
- PCI/PII/GDPR rules, & compliance.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly & professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking & prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills & be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines.
- Experience in evaluation & deployment of security concepts related to cloud (firewall, proxy, key management, IAM, certificate management).
- Python, perl, SQL, TCP/IP, powershell, Ansible, Jenkins, GO CD.
- Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Experience developing automation in the DevSecOps role, ensuring security for pipeline & new deployments of containerized applications.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.