Zola is seeking a talented Associate Product Designer to be the customer advocate & interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions for Zolas registry. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas & continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, & engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization & design strategy. The role is responsible for creating & overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, & testing ideas with real users, providing interaction & visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Apply design principles & user-centered design methodologies to create a great mobile experience for our couples & guests
- Define, create, & communicate the experience direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications.
- Lead every stage of product design life cycle including research, ideation, low fidelity design iteration, high fidelity design iteration, animation, & engineering support throughout development.
- Collaborate with product management, marketers, merchandisers, customer service, & engineers to define features.
- Plan & execute research activities including tool & method selection, participant recruitment, conducting sessions, & findings synthesis.
- Create effective & thoughtful product solutions by considering site analytics, customer feedback, & research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring & creative ideas into an energetic & collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of native operating systems & mobile web design best practices
- Strong visual & interaction design
- Proven experience & understanding of native mobile & mobile web design/development
- Clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility & web standards
- Demonstrates thoughtful & thorough approach to design process
- Highly proficient in design & prototyping tools such as Sketch & InVision
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
- Proficiency in animation tools such as Framer or Principle
- Relevant eCommerce experience
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!