Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications & hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing & checkout experience anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Were backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our Merchants team, which builds out our post-checkout API, tools, & data solutions which allow Breads merchants & partners to operate the Bread platform effectively, at scale, & reliably. This includes a mix of high volume real time transaction management APIs as well as big data ETL pipelines to deliver value added metrics to our merchants. In addition to exposing APIs which allow merchants to manage & access this data, they also own a value added Merchant Portal that merchants can log into to manage their account. The merchant team also works closely with solutions engineering to make sure we are delivering the best APIs such that various platforms (Shopify, Magento, etc) can use Bread effectively with just the click of a button. This is a full stack team, with both backend & front end components.
Your Role at Bread:
- Helps us build tools to empower Breads merchant partners, including e-commerce framework plugins & a best in class merchant portal application
- Lead the development of major components, coordinating with other developers & cross-functional team members
- Mentor & train other team members to improve our software & strengthen the team
- Provide accurate development time estimates & communicate effectively with engineering management
- Partner with other leaders in the engineering organization to set team-wide standards & cultivate an innovative engineering culture
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of server-side development in Go
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for engineering & technology
Nice to have:
- React experience is a major plus
- Basic DevOps experience is helpful
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in 20% time through Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, & Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan & own their roadmap & implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups & over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!